Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The manicure design that started it all

A couple months ago while browsing various blogs around the net I came across http://chloesnails.blogspot.com/  She did an amazing manicure with matte black tips.  I thought it was so amazing I started the search around town for the Matte top coat.  I am trying to stay on a light budget when it comes to my nails, with my husband being in school and me working full time, I don't have alot of extra money.  So I wasn't going to be paying >$5 for a matte top coat.  And I wanted a top coat, so I could make any of the polishes I have at home matte.   So I stopped at K-mart on my way home from work yesterday, I had heard they had some good deals on polish. Well low and behold NYC has a matte top coat for only $1.99!!  It was the only one left, so I grabbed it.  I was so thrilled I couldn't wait to get home and try to recreate Chloe's nails.

I started with Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear Cherry Red as the base coat

Then using Konad Special Black and the Shany tip plate SH06 I covered the tips
Gave the manicure a top coat of Seche Vite - for the high gloss shine.

I then carefully brushed the matte top coat just on the tips of the nails.
I was so happy with how it turned out, it would be the perfect accompaniment to a little black dress.  And you could even dress it up with a silver stripe between the colors or a rhinestone or two.

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment