Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Major milestone for me.

This year I set out to become a better, more healthy person.  Stepping on the scale at my pre op appointment in january was an eye opener for me, I have managed to go up and down in my weight for many years.  I have always been heavier than others and it has always bothered me.  The thing is I never really followed through and set my mind to it.  This year I vowed to be different, a song hit me early in January,  Sister Hazel's Change Your Mind.
If you want to be somebody else,
If your tired of fighting battles with yourself
If you want to be somebody else,
Change your mind. 
This song just spoke to me and I started my journey down a new path. One for myself and no one else.  I'm not doing this for others to see how much better I look, I'm not doing it because someone said I should, I am doing this for me!  I want to be a healthier person, I want to enjoy my life and I want to be around for a long time to come.

I already have high blood pressure (never went away with child 2) and there is a history of heart problems in my family.  I can make a difference in myself and change my future.

Jan 30th I started Weight Watchers.  I have had success in the past, but never hit my goal or stuck to a plan.  As soon as I would see improvement I would sabbotage myself and gain weight back.  It was a vicious cycle.  

I am proud to say as of today I have lost 20 pounds!!!  I have an ultimate goal of 75 pounds I would like to lose, this is a big step in the right direction.  I have a great support system of friends and family cheering me on .  My daughters help me by allowing me time to exercise when my husband is gone at night.  Many nights they join in and we make it a family activity.   I'm changing the way I think about food and what I put in my body.  And it is helping everyone in the family.

I'm just so proud of what I have accomplished I want to shout from the rooftops.  It is only the beginning....to a journey to a new me!

Sharon

P.S. to my nail friends....I get to buy any polish I want for reaching my first goal!   What better way to celebrate than with new colors to play with???  (Old sharon would celebrate with food....wrong choice)

3 comments: